a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

something funny

russian_guy
Expert on Something

something funny

Postby russian_guy » January 28th, 2010 2:22 am

hey i just edited my profile and thought of somethng that is funny on there

the question asks why am i learning russian and one of the options is because i live in a spanish speaking country LOL never thought russian could be understood by spanish people :D :lol:

txaggie85
New in Town

Postby txaggie85 » January 31st, 2010 7:16 am

yeah I know what you mean, Spanish people are so stupid. Their language is so elementary, and unsophisticated, nothing like Russian.

Jaime Lopez

Get 40% OFF
russian_guy
Expert on Something

Postby russian_guy » January 31st, 2010 3:20 pm

hey the spanish people are very smart for a fact and i happen to like spanish
even though i will not learn spanish i think the language is good for people who are not sure what language they want to learn as well as if the can't have a difficult grammar

txaggie85
New in Town

Postby txaggie85 » February 7th, 2010 6:22 am

"never thought russian could be understood by spanish people"...

So this means what? If not that Spanish people are incapable of learning Russian? I may not grasp the mechanics of the English language as well as others, but the context and idea presented by this sentence appears to be simple enough: Spanish people are generally unable to understand Russian. Break it down and show me how that this is not what is stated.

Now my question is what does being of Spanish decent have anything to do with understanding or speaking Russian? Is it an insinuation that perhaps their brains are wired differently?

I am a person of Mexican decent (from the group cataloged by you as being "Spanish people"). I am learning Russian, even though I do not speak Spanish; believe it or not being of Spanish decent does not automatically make that person a Spanish speaker.

russian_guy
Expert on Something

Re: something funny

Postby russian_guy » February 7th, 2010 4:40 pm

russian guy wrote:hey i just edited my profile and thought of somethng that is funny on there

the question asks why am i learning russian and one of the options is because i live in a spanish speaking country
what i said was this and well the answer should be changed to russian speaking country. because russian is not spoken in spanish speaking countries as much as spanish. it is a bit difficult for me to explaine

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Russian”