Start Learning Russian in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

I cannot find all the lessons! :-(

PianoMed
Been Around a Bit

I cannot find all the lessons! :-(

Postby PianoMed » March 13th, 2009 12:07 pm

On the starting page for this site, you read that over 800 lessons are available. However, via the browser in the premium membership "learning centre", I find only the following lessons:

NEWS - 3 lessons
SURVIVAL PHRASES - 25 lessons
NEWBIE LESSON S1 - 10 lessons
BEGINNER LESSON S1 - 25 lessons
BEGINNER LESSON S2 - 2 lessons
ADVANCED AUDIO BLOG S1 - 2 lessons

Thus, the total number of lessons seems to be (3 + 25 + 25 + 10 + 2 + 2) lessons = 67 lessons (which still is a lot and will take time to go through)!

Where can I find the rest of the lessons?

Keith
New in Town

Postby Keith » March 16th, 2009 2:57 pm

Apologies about the misleading text. That's one of the MARK's we have at Innovative Language (the company that runs all of these sites). That is a benchmark of lessons that we hope to achieve for all the sites. And as RussianPod101 is one of the newer sites, and we have gone some personnel changes, it may take some time to achieve that benchmark. However, once we have the content in place, we should produce about 3-4 lessons a week, which should bring us to that benchmark fairly quickly. So in the meantime, please bear with us as we're still gaining some traction.

Get 40% OFF
PianoMed
Been Around a Bit

Postby PianoMed » March 17th, 2009 10:32 am

Hello again!

OK, then I understand - and look forward to all the lessons that will appear in the future. As a complete newbie, I still have more than enough on my hands to handle the dozens of lessons that already are available.

But who on Earth will have the possibility to go through almost a thousand lessons?! That would be a full-time job for months! (Or actually _over_ a thousand, which is the stated figure after pressing the Account button: "Welcome to MyAccount, your own personal piece of RussianPod101.com. MyAccount is your homebase with helpful links on the left to useful information and content on our site. Navigate over 1,000 lessons".)

However, the continuous arrival of new material (much of which will fall into previous, i.e. beginners' levels, one has already studied, of course) is part of the podcasting idea and it is really great that podcasting has entered the domain of language teaching, which previously could sometimes be somewhat plagued by "boring old books" with outdated cultural information and outdated phrases. Your services should be welcome also at schools around the world.

maxiewawa
New in Town

Postby maxiewawa » March 25th, 2009 8:35 am

Hej again PianoMed

Thanks for your kind words, and all your hard work! I've actually PM'ed you and emailed you, but have not received a reply. I just hope you haven't got the impression that we've been ignoring all your hard work. We haven't; all your efforts are really appreciated. Students like you make teaching worthwhile.

Reply if you get a chance, pazhalusta. :D

Return to “Technical Support”